Thursday, June 4, 2009

The plain friend.

I've always had a theory, or noticed, or bitterly thought, that the very good looking and proud of it often have friends or acquaintances who don't measure up in the looks department. You know, gorgeous stacked pretty girl with skinny plain friend. Or, I suppose, hunky chunky dude accompanied by skinny nerd. Maybe it even works with the non-physical folks. A smart and successful business person who is tagged along with by a far less "made it" old pal. A professor who spends time with a "drop out" friend.

Now I think I am one of those also-rans.

I belong to a group of successful accomplished women ... they meet for lunch or something every month that one of us has a birthday. Most often, because of distance and financial restraints, I don't participate. I even try to get out of "membership" on similar grounds. But they want me to stay.

I think I know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment