Monday, June 1, 2009

Just because its June, June, June

So, now it is summertime in Texas, but still in the high sixties in the morning. So a pleasant walk to work.

Work, that's where the noise monsters are; radios, fans, squeaking chairs and crashes and crunches. I wonder why I am such a fan of quiet. Could it be all those years of working at radio stations where they played loudly in every room in the building? Or am I just becoming curmudgeonly?

Glasses. Went to Dr. Amy to see if it was time for having the other lens replaced. She said to try glasses for at least a year. On the way from my house to the optician in College Station I lost the prescription! Another vote for technology, the doctor's office faxed the prescription to the optician... get rid of the ineffective middleperson. Get two new pairs of glasses tomorrow. For reasons I don't understand two pair now cost the same as one.

Travel Plans. On Thursday I am going to Houston to have dinner with "the old radio ladies" really called Les Femmes (who knows why). Then next Thursday we are going to Savannah !!
That will improve my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment