Friday, July 17, 2009

Another day with temperatures over 100 degrees?

Great! That means that when my fingers can no longer type from sitting in such a cold office I can dash outside and try to get them working again.

After more than fifty years in Texas I cannot become accustomed to being colder in the summer than I am in the winter. One of the good reasons for locating from friendly Wisconsin to Texas was to get away from freezing cold winter weather. And, still, I have to remember to take a sweater to shop at the grocery store in July because it is so cold. Now I have the great good fortune to work in an office where the man with the AC power thinks anything above 71 is too darn hot.

I am a moderate person. I have the beginnings of unpleasant arthritis in hands and wrists. Nothing makes them hurt more than cold blowing air. Maybe that's why I am having such a hard time dealing with this cold summer weather! It is my opinion that being "hot" is quite unpleasant for many people, often people of some size. However, being cold is, for me, painful. Why doesn't painful trump unpleasant?

No comments:

Post a Comment