Friday, May 22, 2009

How to tell a Blog from a Rant

When I rant, and I do rant, it is about the things over which I have no control. Not simple things like the weather and the traffic, big stuff, people who just won't do what I want them to. It may be as simple as a slow driver in the fast lane on State Highway 6. Whatever happened to slower cars keep right?

Sometimes it is about the people for whom I care, who don't see me as I want them to.

Often it is about my own shortcomings; limited organizational skills, clumsiness, incredible lack of patience with myself or others.

Sometimes I rant right at God. I figure why mess with any middlemen; priests, psychologists, family or friends? It is true that God is Good, he listens to them all and, frankly, it doesn't seem that I am being particularly punished for them. In fact, sometimes he just calms me down.

But, this new mode of expression is not for ranting. It is for logging. Right? WeBLOGGING?

Let's see if I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment